Monday, March 24, 2008

Targhee

About a week ago, we got back from a vacation up in Driggs, Idaho. Clint's parents have a townhouse just down from Grand Targhee Ski Resort. It was a lot of fun, the Harts went with us and we kept busy playing in the snow, skiing, shopping (Alix and I), and tons of other fun stuff. I would have posted earlier, but I was waiting for some pictures from the Harts. They very promptly got them to Clint, but then he hid them from me!! So, I am blaming my slowness on Clint, although it is probably due to my own lack of hunting down the pictures myself. We went on a sleigh ride at the Elk Ranch. The kids loved it, as did the adults. We were able to touch some of the brave elk that came up to the sleigh.
Braden took his first skiing lesson on the hill behind the townhouse.
More of the Elk Ranch
Snowshoeing (sp??) off in the trees up the canyon.




Such a fun bench we found on main street in Driggs.

We went to warbirds cafe, which is right off the small airport runway. Sometimes you can see the planes taking off and landing. They have a small museum off from the cafe, the kids loved the planes. The men loved the buffalo burgers.




Natalie and Corbin loved to sled down the small hill just behind the townhouse.




Eric made a wonderful snake pancake for Braden one morning. I have no idea how he can do it and not burn it all in the process, but it was totally awesome and Braden insisted that I post this picture.




On our way up we stopped off to see the new Rexburg, Idaho temple. It was gorgeous and kindof reminds me of the plans for the new Oquirrh Mountain temple that will be our temple once completed.
Gorgeous view of the mountains.



Braden hitting the hill on his saucer
Clint and Eric went skiing up at Targhee for a half day. In two feet of FRESH powder, they were exhausted. Clint said it was the best skiing conditions he has ever had. The trip was so much fun, we really enjoyed hanging out with the Harts.






1 comment:

Alix Hart said...

Hey there, I also sent you an email, but you and my sister convinced me that this blogging thing can actually be a lot of fun and helps a ton with keeping in touch with everyone. I've already found so many friends that blog and learned so many new things. Anyways, I just got started, but it's www.hartsinc.blogspot.com
Targee was a blast and we got such great pics it was fun to see them on your blog!