Tuesday, April 22, 2008

We have a house!!!

We made it through our crazy house hunting weekend in Southbend, Indiana. We saw 28 homes in 2 days. Narrowed our search down to the 4 that we liked most and this is the one we chose. We put an offer in on Sunday night, got a counter offer Monday morning. We countered that offer with another on Monday afternoon, and then this afternoon they accepted that offer. We now are in contract for this beautifull house!!! We are thrilled. It is the neighborhood that we wanted, with the schools we wanted, the bedrooms we wanted, the yard we loved.... we could go on for quite a while about this place. It was an exhausting, yet very fun experience. Check out our new home.The house sits on a cul-de-sac. Just to the left of the picture. Only two houses share the
cul-de-sac with us, so awesome location.
We love the wood!! Beautiful fireplace, with brick and built-ins.
My new kitchen. This was what truly sold me on the house. In our price range, a lot of the kitchens were a little small, but this one was more open and usable. I love the new appliances!!
Our huge backyard. Clint is going to get in some good exercise mowing this baby!
Closer up of the front porch with the bay window. Darling eh?? (I plan to paint the shutters)


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is fantastic!! I'm so excited for you! Congrats on being real, live HOME OWNERS!! Squee!

Anonymous said...

P.S. Loving your playlist.

Brekke said...

How exciting! Congratulations! I am quite jealous of the space - especially the kitchen and yard. (Sigh) Someday.

Cheryl and William said...

That is one thing that makes me glad to live in an apartment- we don't have to up keep the yard. Good luck Clint!!

The house is so adorable- perfect to spend the next few years with your growing family

JS said...

Congrats you are all grown up! :) We are so excited for you... I am sure your house payment will be less then our rent in Southern California... ahh, oh well! :) It is the cutest house, and the backyard is "ginormous"! Congrats guys!

Anonymous said...

Great for you guys,
Everything you need and you did it all in one trip i guess you couldn't ask for more. I really don't know a more deserving family, looks great. It looks like a great place for your family to mature, take care-Tyson

Arizona Nielsens said...

We're very excited for you... we only wish we could have something like that! Good luck with all of the packing!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new house! Come play in May, we will be around Mem. Day weekend. Love Snells

Chad Nielsen said...

Your house looks beautiful Bec and Clint! Can I have it? Amen!

thegreatscotts said...

we need to talk! What are you going to wear to the ball? and what do you want to do when the boys have their interview?

Alix Hart said...

Thanks again for such a fun Brazillian night! We'll miss doing that with you guys for awhile. Who knows maybe we'll end up by you. Let me know if you need anything and enjoy your next couple of weeks of play!

JS said...

Ok, I think I found a dress! My sis in law is going to let me borrow her "Vera Wang"! Can you believe it!! I am going to try it on this weekend! Hopefully it fits. She is in highschool.... anyways, I will definately come see you in Alameda. I wanna spend time with you and I wanna see the kids. It has been forever. Are you bringing them?

Ok, so I can probably call you tonight or tomorrow once our minutes start over! :) I am getting really excited!

The Shelton Family said...

Congrats guys we are so happy for you. Hope everything goes great in Indiana.