Sunday, August 10, 2008
Breaking Dawn
So, I finished Breaking Dawn last Monday, two days after the release. I have waited to make sure that a lot of people have finished or at least sunk their teeth into the book before I posted. I had a hard time with this one! It wasn't my favorite, Eclipse is still my number one, but I really thought it ended the whole saga well. I may be a loner in my thoughts, but tell me... what did everyone else think? Clint is of the opinion that the expectations were so high for this book, so my opinion will get better after I read it again. Did he just give me permission to cease existing for another two days while I live to read this book again?? Awesome. So, my thoughts. Great book, but hard to read at times. Edward is still number one and Bella is as she should be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Ditto on the experience. I was a little disapointed with Meyer's long detailed honeymoon saga. I mean seriously, we could have gotten the idea in half the time, and half the detail. I guess what I am trying to say is I wish she would have kept it PG instead of feeling the need to move to the PG-13. (if that makes any sense)
Beyond that, I really enjoyed it. I have never really liked Jacob's character much so I was suprised that I didn't mind reading an entire "Book" from his perspective. Alhtough I was slightly annoyed by it.
I love the wedding sequence, and I loved "Book 3". I am glad she ended it as it should have been. All in all, Twilight is still my favorite, but it was a good end to a great saga.
I felt the same way you do. It was so slow at first. I even fell asleep at one point. Thank goodness for the ending. She is still my favorit author. and I look forward to reading more of the books she has yet to write.
Great story--not great writing. But since I love reading "fluff," I was totally entertained. And I love Edward too-how could you not, right?
Eric bought the book on cd, since I couldn't read it, and I listened to it while I was doing chamber treatments. Fun book and thought it ended well. Hope all is well with you and the fam.
I thought the beginning was more intense then the end, after she turns into a super cool vampire.
I agree it wasn't my favorite, but non the less I enjoyed reading it. I liked it - for me it was good but now it really feels like it ended.
So sad that she's not writting Edwards version.
P.s - this Martha gerber younger sister. I figure since the twilight series is something we have in comon, I could post a question.
Post a Comment