Thursday, September 4, 2008

What we've been up to....

So, we had a bit of a catastrophe at our house. We lost our camera battery charger. We have not been able to access our pictures on our family camera for the last little while, and so I have not posted. This is my lame excuse for slacking as a blogger. Clint got a new camera for surgery pics, so we took it with us on our trip to Indianapolis. Now we have pictures to share! Here is downtown Indianapolis. This monument is the center of a round-about in the dead center of the city. It was fun to see city again, since we now live amongst corn fields!

We took a nice walk along the canal, there were bridges, paddle boats and even the occasional gondola!
So, we were in the city for a cadaver lab that a drug company brought Clint down for. So, while he played with their power tools and perfected his surgical skills, I took the kids to the zoo. This was by far the best zoo I have ever been to. It was an aquarium plus a zoo. They had an amazing dolphin show that was free with your admission, you just needed to get a ticket. They had tons of animals, and the exhibits were great. We had a great time, although it was really hot and by 2:00 in the afternoon (we started at 9:00!), we were tired, thirsty and really worn out.
A zoo would not be complete for Braden if it did not have elephants. Well, the Indianapolis zoo not only had elephants but an elephant show!! It was so fun. They also had about 3 baby elephants, something I have never seen before. Anyone that wants to go with us again, Braden would be more that happy to be the guide. It was the highlight of his month.


7 comments:

Cristina said...

That's MY city! I'm so glad that you enjoyed it. Indianapolis really has a lot to offer. How long did it take you to get there?

Alix Hart said...

Fun to see you out and about! The city looks cool, there's something neat about cities and how they feel. Hope all is well with the fam.

Becca said...

It took us a little over 2 hours to get to the city. There are no freeways to get down there so it was a slow process as we hit slower speeds through the small towns on the way. Very nice drive though!

Marissa Marie said...

Hi! I just found your blog. And it's so fun reading and catching up with what you guys are up to! That definitely looks like an awesome zoo!

Bonnie said...

How fun! We will have to go sometime!

Marie Mines said...

You guys all look great! I'm glad you are enjoying being there so much!

The Poulson's said...

Fun! I hope we can come and see you before you leave there :)