Monday, October 13, 2008

San Fran

So, We returned to our old stompin' grounds for the weekend while Clint did some recruiting for his program at the school. For those of you who lived in the east bay and made this commute every morning, you understand why this picture brings back a lot of nostalgia. Love the bay bridge. I swear that we have been gone for two years, but it seems as if nothing has been done on the construction of the new bridge. Makes me wonder where the billions have gone?!?We had to go to our favorite Dim Sum place in Chinatown. I love the service at these places, while I was ordering, (in mid-sentence) our waiter just walked off to go pick up a check from the neighboring table. The food was awesome, so it always makes up for the lacking service. Don't you love the chandeliers in the background?
One of our favorite things to do in San Francisco is go to Ghiradelli square and get a hot chocolate on a chilly bay area night. Behind me are the lights of the square. Clint and I were able to go to the temple grounds for church on Sunday. It was stake conference, so we didn't find everyone from our old 9th branch, but the meeting was awesome and the view from the Oakland temple was as amazing as ever. Such a beautiful place!!
Shopping in San Fran. Yes, Clint looks like a regular tourist in a San Fransisco jacket. He forgot to pack one, so we bought one in Chinatown. Love the prices there!!
We caught up with old friends while in sunny Cali. We walked Crissy fields with the Scotts. It was a clear day on the bay ( which is unusual for San Fran, no fog!!) and saw the regatta races on the bay. It was gorgeous. Jen and I went to our favorite consignment store, Lauren's Closet, while the guys had their presentations at the residency fair. We also hooked up with the Snells and got to enjoy the best icecream and food at Fenton's. So good to see everyone again!
It was such a great trip. My mom was so awesome to come out to Indiana to stay with the kids while Clint and I took a trip as a couple. Sadly, while we were enjoying the sunshine in California, it was raining non stop in Indiana. My mom had to endure 11 inches of rain in 3 days. What a trooper!! The kids missed her terribly when she left, but we have hopes of her returning for Christmas. Thanks Mom! We love you.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited to go back and see and do some of my favorite things that I've been missing. I'm glad you had a fun trip. Sad we weren't there to see you!

Arizona Nielsens said...

How nice to have a trip all to yourselves... and how lucky for the kids to get grandma!! Glad you guys had a fun time!

lauren said...

Sorry we missed you! It looks like you had a great time. I love the bay area!