This week has been very busy for our family. From packing like crazy, house hunting online as we prepare to fly out to Indiana and do the real, live, in person house hunting. Braden began tball this last Thursday evening, and then everything else that goes along with a young family. Two very important things happened to our family this week. On Thursday morning, my dear sweet Grandma Nielsen passed away at the age of 89. She will be missed incredibly, but I am sure that she is happier now with my Grandpa in heaven. Here is a picture of her with Braden when he was a little tike. She was an incredible woman. Her obituary can be seen here: http://www.webfh.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=176908&fh_id=10076
We love you Grandma!!
And then, we got a new niece!!!!! Sunday morning, my brother Eric and his wife Jenny had a little girl. Isn't she sweet? She was 6lbs. 9oz. and 19 inches long. We are thrilled to have her join the Nielsen clan.
6 comments:
So sorry about your grandma! I knew she was your grandma Becca cause I can see you in her. :) I am sure she is happier now. It is still sad though. It is amazing when a baby is born around the death of a loved one! My grandma died in October and my grandpas spirits were lifted when we brought the twins to see him. It puts things in perspective. My grandpa is 97! It is amazing to see him with babies who are a couple years shy of being a century younger than him. Sorry to make this so sentimental but it sounds like you have had a crazy week. Good luck with everything and let us know how things go. We are excited for you!
Was this the Grandma who spoke in the 9th Branch RS about Shiela Campos? I will always remember that, especially since I'm Shiela's visiting teacher. Anyone there that day could tell what a great woman she was.
I'm sorry to hear about your Grandmother's passing. I hope you and your family are doing well. Congratulations on the new niece! That's wonderful news. And good luck house hunting.
Yes Melanie, that was this Grandma that spoke at the 9th branch. She loved that meeting, she was a huge proponent for the underdogs in life. So sweet of you to remember her!
It's like you to fill your wee, but wow, what a week. I am so sorry about your grandma. Even when it's their time it's still hard. All of our grandparents are starting to hit that time and it makes you want to make the most of the time you have left with them. The baby is beautiful, what a neat thing. Let me know if you need any help with the kids while you're doing all your moving stuff! I mean it!!
I noticed I typed "week" wrong. oops!
Post a Comment