Happy 4th of July to all. We had a very busy and fun holiday weekend here in Indiana. Some unknown fact to many about Indiana- large fireworks (the type that you would see at a city firework show in the west) are not illegal on a residential level. Our house and circle we live on backs up to a nice development with some seriously large houses. They put on the best firework show for us Friday night. It was like watching the stadium of fire from our driveway.
Of course the kids had a blast doing some sparklers and smaller fireworks on our road.
Okay, so for the working part of our weekend. This is a before picture of our front room. (We actually finished this before this weekend, but this is some of the work we have been doing the past couple of weeks)
And the after--- Can I say that anyone who puts wallpaper up, especially pink floral stuff is crazy!!! Even if you like it at the moment, wallpaper is a PAIN to remove and will always go out of style. Painting is much easier to update. Shame on you wallpaper lovers.
Taking down MORE wallpaper in Braden's room. We did do this over the weekend. It is almost done (painting and all). I will post pictures when we are done!
We painted the shutters on the front of the house. Remember the ugly green, avocado, pukey color. This is much better!!!
More pics of the front room without wallpaper and old lady furniture!
We worked a ton in the yard. Especially Clint. Aren't our flowers gorgeous? It is so fun to have my own land to plant whatever I want in and make it beautiful the way I want. Lots of work but so great!
Hope all had a less work filled weekend than we did, with more fun and lots of BBQs, fireworks and parades. Hello summer!
5 comments:
Ugh! Wallpaper is such a pain. I agree, paint is so much easier and you can change it more often.
The fireworks sound awesome.
so fun. Are you sitting in your drive way in that pic? I wish I had a driveway.... we love the non-wallpaper walls. It looks great! How does Clint have time to take down wallpaper? How do you have time with 2 kids to take down wallpaper? Oh, wait a minute... you have a house with a backyard... :)
Not jealous! Super excited for you guys. It looks like fun. I like projects like that!
The house is looking so great!! Way to go. I'm sure you are all exhausted, but it is worth every effort. Hope we can visit soon!
Way to go! That's some serious work, but what an awesome pay off. You'll have to keep posting more pics of your progress, it's so fun to see. Looks like you guys are doing well.
hard work. it looks great! isn't having a real house so great?!?!
Post a Comment